Lack of statistics for an effective EU inclusion strategy?!
Save the Date – 15 November 2012, 14:00 – 17:30 CET
The European Platform of Deafness, Hard of Hearing, and Deafness has announced its first joint meeting due to the lack of comprehensive statistical data surrounding deafness, hard of hearing, and deafblindness.
The event will be held at Brussels’ renowned Bavarian Representation, which is near to the European Parliament. Participants include speakers from the European Institutions and the continent’s NGO industry. The importance of reliable statistical data and how it relates to the European Act on Accessibility will be discussed on a panel. Following the lecture, there will be a networking reception.
- Is a co-operation between five European NGOs:
- EURO-CIU: European Association of Cochlear Implant Users;
- EDbN: European Deafblind Network;
- EFHOH: European Federation of Hard of Hearing;
- FEPEDA: European Federation of Parents of Hearing Impaired Children;
- EUD: European Union of the Deaf.
- Is a roundtable group, meeting regularly, co-operating and sharing knowledge.
- is designed to help those who are deaf or hard of hearing, deafened, or deafblind, as well as those who use sign language, as well as their relatives.
- ensures that society takes their needs into account.
- wants to see d/Deaf, Hard of Hearing, deafened, and Deafblind persons living in a barrier-free Europe.
- aims to achieve, in accordance with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, an independent existence for all d/Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafened, or Deafblind individuals.
- supports a rights-based philosophy for all of its members in both private and public arenas of life.
- has a desire to become more well-known within the European Disability Forum.