European Conference on Deafblindness in Barcelona
The European Deafblind Indicators Project will finish with an open day conference on June 20th
April 16, 2014
After two years working on the European Deafblind Project, for Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission, the project is getting to an end. The last meeting will be held in Barcelona and offering an open day conference next 20th June. It is expected the attendance of European and Spanish authorities, as well as professionals working on disabilities, from the social services and bound to deafblindness.
This project aimed to create a common European framework for the assessment of institutional models of care for the Deafblind. The conference in Barcelona will present the specific needs of this disability and the situation among Europe. The ultimate purpose of the project is to influence the decision-making at a European level, on the basis of the data collected and relevant figures, which allow the improvement on the attention to deafblindness and avoid discriminatory situations.
The European Deafblind Project has counted on the participation of the most important organisations working for deafblindness in Europe; nine organisations as official partners, from eight different countries, and five organisations as non-official partners representing their own countries. Other fourteen European countries have collaborated on the project represented by their own organisations.
(June 18th) The registration process is already closed.
Programme — European Conference on Deafblindness
Launch event of the Results of the European Deafblind Indicators Project.
Project awarded by the Grundtvig Sub-programme of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission.
Friday 20th June 2014, 09:00 – 17:30. CaixaForum Barcelona, Centre Social i Cultural de l’Obra Social “la Caixa”
- 08:30 – 09:00 Arrival and registration of participants
- 09:00 – 09:30 Official opening
- 09:30 – 11:00 Session 1: The project
- Deafblind Indicators and domains
- Consultant process with deafblind people and families
- Q & A
- The report (the book)
- Q & A
- 11:00 – 11:30 Free time
- 11:30 – 12:50 Session 2: Conclusions and proposals
- Project: Conclusions and proposals
- Q & A
- Conclusions of the session
- Vision for the future
- 12:50 – 13:00 Presentation of the performance: look, listen, taste, touch, smell by Àurea Millan, Mosquito Productions
- 13:00 – 14:00 Free time for lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Handsmatter Artistic Workshop by Guido Dettoni
- 15:30 Closure
This event will be held in English and will be accessible for LSC and speech to text into Spanish (subtitling). Certificate of attendance will be available for all the registered people.