Constituted the EU Platform for deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind
Today, May 26th 2012, the “European Platform of Deafness, Hard of Hearing and Deafblindness” has been created in Copenhagen during the General Assembly of the European Disability Forum EDF.
This Platform has been formed to enhance, strengthen, and cultivate a robust and enduring collaboration between the European Cochlear Implant Users (EURO-CIU), the European Deafblind Network (EDbN), the European Federation of Hard of Hearing People (EFHOH), the European Federation of Parents of Hearing Impaired Children (FEPEDA), and the European Union of the Deaf (EUD), for the express purpose of benefiting Deaf people (including sign Language users), Hard of Hearing people, deafened people, and Deafblind people and their families regardless of the language, the communication system or the assistive technologies they use (hearing aids and cochlear implants). We aim to strengthen the EU 2020 strategy and the EU Disability Strategy as regards to full and equal participation in society.
- By working together we plan to make our groups more visible
- Plan to attend meetings together with representatives of the European Parliament and the Europe
- Provide information on specific topics as required especially to assist in the development of position papers, policies etc.
- Nominate at least one candidate for elections for EDF Board and Executive Committee
- Prioritise the elimination of communication barriers
More information:Ricard Lopez
Copenhagen, May 26th 2012