Platform meeting in Brussels with special guest Mher Hakobyan EDF officer
On the last 30th of October, the whole Platform got together to discuss some very important things that were not solved at the last meeting in March. The meeting took place in the Delegation of the Government of Catalonia to the European Union in Brussels.
On one hand, the agenda of the meeting covered the following subjects:
- A Platform statement from Ricard and Marcel.
- News from all the activities of our organizations.
- Some news about EDF.
- A discussion about the Accessibility Act and its flaws and strengths.
- The debate about the International day for Deafblindness in Europe.
- The presentation of some new projects like the LTA project (Live Text Access) by EFHOH and its consequent debate.
However, after eating lunch and engaging in some small-talk, we were joined by a very special guest who was there on behalf of EDF. Mher Hakobyan pleased us by outlining the Audiovisual Media Services Directive Toolkit for transposition. He explained what this directive is and how the EU is enabling us to comply with it in our daily lives.
Everyone present agreed to meet again on March 25, 2020 because of the meeting’s respectful and pleasant vibe. I’m looking forward to it so much!