From 2 pm to 4pm CET (Brussels time) Online.
The Web Accessibility intiative Communities of practice (WAI-CooP)project is organising a new open meeting on 7 March.
This event will focus on the feedback mechanism and complaints procedure of the Web Accessibility Directive. In a recent evaluation report on the Web Directive the European Commission highlighted the fact that the feedback and enforcement mechanisms have not eyet reached their full pontential. There are many questions to discuss:
- Are public sector bodies aware of these mechanisms? Are they easy for users to find?
- What is the experience of users who provide feedback on web accessibility to public sector bodies?What are the challenges?
- How many users take things futher and complain to enforcement authorities? What is their experience?
- How could the feedback and enforcement mechanisms be improved? What can we learn from the first years of implementation of the directive?
- Panelists from public sector bodies,enforcement bodies and disability community will be debating these issues, followed by discussion with online participants.
The event is open to all and may be of interest to practitioners from public authorities or the private sector; organisations representing people with disabilities;researchers; product or service providers;training providers,NGOs,as well as policy makers.
More information: https://www.edf-feph.org/events-slug/wai-coop-open-meeting-7-march-2023/