On the last 30th of October, the whole Platform got together to discuss some very important things that were not solved at the last meeting in March. The meeting took place in the Delegation of the Government of Catalonia to the European Union in Brussels.
On one hand, the agenda of the meeting covered the following subjects:
- A Platform statement from Ricard and Marcel.
- News from all the activities of our organizations.
- Some news about EDF.
- A discussion about the Accessibility Act and its flaws and strengths.
- The debate about the International day for Deafblindness in Europe.
- The presentation of some new projects like the LTA project (Live Text Access) by EFHOH and its consequent debate.
On the other hand, after going to lunch and a bit of socializing we had a very special guest with us representing EDF: Mher Hakobyan, who delighted us with his explanation of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive Toolkit for transposition. He described what this directive is and explained how the EU is making it possible that we adapt to it in our day-to-day life.
The meeting had a very respectful atmosphere and a very nice vibe, and everyone agreed to meet again on the next 25 of March of 2020. Really looking forward to it!