Lack of statistics for an effective EU inclusion strategy?!
Save the Date – 15 November 2012, 14:00 – 17:30 CET
The European Platform of Deafness, Hard of Hearing and Deafblindness is pleased to announce its first joint conference on the lack of detailed statistical data related to Deafness, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblindness.
The event will take place at the prestigious Bavarian Representation, near the European Parliament in Brussels. Speakers include representatives from the European Institutions, as well as the European NGO community. A panel will discuss the need for high-quality statistical data and its link to the European Accessibility Act. The event will be followed by a networking reception.
- Is a co-operation between five European NGOs:
- EURO-CIU: European Association of Cochlear Implant Users;
- EDbN: European Deafblind Network;
- EFHOH: European Federation of Hard of Hearing;
- FEPEDA: European Federation of Parents of Hearing Impaired Children;
- EUD: European Union of the Deaf.
- Is a roundtable group, meeting regularly, co-operating and sharing knowledge.
- Is set up to benefit d/Deaf (including sign language users), Hard of Hearing, deafened, and Deafblind people and their families.
- Aims to ensure that their needs are mainstreamed within society.
- Wants to see a barrier-free Europe for d/Deaf, Hard of Hearing, deafened, and Deafblind people.
- Aspires an independent life for all d/Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafened, or Deafblind, following the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Advocates a rights-based approach for all its members in all spheres of life – public and private.
- Wants to raise its profile within the European Disability Forum.