On June 20, an open day meeting will mark the conclusion of the European Deafblind Indicators Project.
After two years working on the European Deafblind Project, for Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission, the project is getting to an end. The last meeting will be held in Barcelona and offering an open day conference next 20th June. Authorities from Europe and Spain are anticipated, as well as specialists in disabilities from social services and related to deafblindness.
This project aimed to create a common European framework for the assessment of institutional models of care for the Deafblind. The conference in Barcelona will present the specific needs of this disability and the situation among Europe. The ultimate purpose of the project is to influence the decision-making at a European level, on the basis of the data collected and relevant figures, which allow the improvement on the attention to deafblindness and avoid discriminatory situations.
The European Deafblind Project has counted on the participation of the most important organisations working for deafblindness in Europe; Five organizations serving as non-official partners on behalf of their home nations and nine organizations representing eight different countries as official partners. On the project, fourteen other European nations were represented by their own organizations.
(June 18th) The registration process is already closed.
Programme – European Conference on Deafblindness
Launch of the European Deafblind Indicators Project Results.
The Grundtvig Sub-Program of the European Commission’s Lifelong Learning Program awarded the project.
Friday 20th June 2014, 09:00 – 17:30. CaixaForum Barcelona, Centre Social i Cultural de l’Obra Social “la Caixa”
- 08:30 – 09:00 Arrival and registration of participants
- 09:00 – 09:30 Official opening
- 09:30 – 11:00 Session 1: The project
- Deafblind Indicators and domains
- Consultant process with deafblind people and families
- Q & A
- The report (the book)
- Q & A
- 11:00 – 11:30 Free time
- 11:30 – 12:50 Session 2: Conclusions and proposals
- Project: Conclusions and proposals
- Q & A
- Conclusions of the session
- Vision for the future
- 12:50 – 13:00 Presentation of the performance: look, listen, taste, touch, smell by Àurea Millan, Mosquito Productions
- 13:00 – 14:00 Free time for lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Handsmatter Artistic Workshop by Guido Dettoni
- 15:30 Closure
This event will be in English, and LSC and speech to text into Spanish (subtitling) will be available.All those who have registered will be able to obtain a certificate of attendance.