- By working together we plan to make our groups more visible
- Plan to attend meetings together with representatives of the European Parliament and the Europe
- Provide information on specific topics as required especially to assist in the development of position papers, policies etc.
- Nominate at least one candidate for elections for EDF Board and Executive Committee
- Prioritise the elimination of communication barriers
The “European Platform of Deafness, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblindness” was established today, May 26, 2012, in Copenhagen at the European Disability Forum EDF General Assembly.
The European Cochlear Implant Users (EURO-CIU), the European Deafblind Network (EDbN), the European Federation of Hard of Hearing People (EFHOH), the European Federation of Parents of Hearing Impaired Children (FEPEDA), and the European Union of the Deaf (EUD) have created this platform to improve, strengthen, and cultivate a robust and long-lasting collaboration for the benefit of Deaf people (including sign language users), Hard of Hearing people, and hearing-impaired As it relates to full and equal involvement in society, we want to improve the EU 2020 plan and the EU Disability plan.