Workshop on Accessibility of Products and Services at European Commision
Thursday 2 and Friday 3 February 2017
Crowne Plaza Hotel, rue Gineste 3, 1210 Brussels
The objective of this workshop was to present the concrete aspects of accessibility and the business case for providing accessible products and services.
The workshop reflected the state of the art of accessibility legislation, policies and products and services in the areas covered by the current proposal for a European Accessibility Act. Speakers were coming from various stakeholders, namely policymakers, accessibility experts, industry, disabled persons and practitioners, from the EU as well as the USA.
Member States administrations, Members of the European Parliament, European Commission, European Economic and Social Committee, European Disability Forum, Older persons and consumer organizations Industry, US experts from the Federal administration and others were represented.
Here below were the main topics spoken :
- Delivering accessibility through ICT
- Linking mainstream accessibility with assistive devices
buy levitra with priligy Public Procurement
- Buying accessible in the US Administration
- Facilitating accessible procurement
- A national experience
http://shipwheelcattle.com/brands/klint/ The Web and e-commerce
- Web accessibility, an opportunity for SMEs
- Making the global Web accessible using standards
- Accessible e-commerce
Making accessibility a reality through market opportunities and legislation
- Accessibility in the global market
- Economic benefits: business and employment
- Strategic litigation, Enforcement in US legislation
- US telecom and audiovisual legislation (255 & VCAA)
- Accessibility features in communication devices
- Real time text product
- RTT demo
- Breaking down accessibility costs in Audio Visual Media Services
- Practical examples – making Audio Visual Media Services accessible in the EU
- Accessible commercial services
- Accessible terminals
- Accessing printed information
- Harmonising accessible e-books
- What is accessible banking?
- Making e-payments accessible
- ATMs and banking kiosks for all
- Websites/ SST regulation in the US DoT
- Accessible air transport information engines
- Accessible ticketing machines
- Accessibility regulations and standards in the build environment
This workshop was a real success, with very interesting and constructive debates, thanks to all stackholders involved and to their will to contribute to the development of Accessibility of products and services for deaf-blind people.